How To Benefit From Rich Results
What does an SEO agency need to do to benefit from Google’s rich results?
What does an SEO agency need to do to benefit from Google’s rich results?Google have recently announced the launch of “rich results”. But what exactly does this mean? In this article we look at:
- What are rich results?
- What do rich results look like?
- What are the advantages of rich results?
- How do I know if my website can return rich results?
- What do you need to do to tag for rich results?
- Five tips to gain maximum benefit from rich results
- Content needs to be high quality and written in a natural style. Make people want to read more.
- Partial answers or teasers should be included in your visible rich results content to encourage people to click through for the rest of the answer or for additional information.
- Format of your content should be in line with whatever is currently most popular with your target market. This may vary between blogs, lists, slideshows or FAQ pages – to name but a few. But make sure your content is not just what people want to read but how they want to read it.
- UX should be top notch so that when users do click through to your site they won’t be disappointed. At the very least it needs to be fast to load, completely up to date, and with no broken or erroneous links.
- Reviews and star ratings are an excellent way of building trust in your brand. In many cases, rich results will display star ratings on the search page – see our recipe examples above. So it is very important to have a good number of positive reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers.